Seasonal bounty, at the Pride of New York Harvest Festival earlier this month.
There are so many reasons to be thankful today, but here are the big ones:1. I'm thankful for family, especially my sisters, who double as best friends, and Mom, who at 88 is still sharp of mind and wit. And still making the stuffing for today's feast!
2. I'm thankful for friends old (meaning long-time!) and new. I've been pals with some of you for 30 years or more now. Thanks for sticking around and staying in touch.
3. I'm thankful to have had a job I truly enjoyed (most of the time) for more than 25 years and grateful that I have time yet to find another one that I like as much, or even better.
4. I'm thankful for freelance assignments and my part-time job, both of which give my days the structure I need.
5. I'm thankful for the generosity of people in the community, and grateful to them for sharing their time, knowledge, resources and inspiration.
6. I'm thankful to be blessed with excellent health and pray that continues as age advances.
7. I'm thankful for the Internet, where I have a network of friends and a place for creative outlet. Thanks for reading my blog!
Blueberry-Pineapple Jam, made with local blueberries.
8. I'm thankful for our local farmers and farmers markets (we'll be enjoying the fruits of their labors all winter) and the food on the table today. I am REALLY looking forward to Annie's pumpkin and crumble-top apple pies!
9. I'm thankful that I don't have to work at 5 a.m. on "Black Friday.'' Maybe the frenzied mob will be taking a nice long lunch by the time I have to clock in.
10. I'm thankful for Robert, who has been really supportive as I "transition'' to a new job life, lets me vent when I get frustrated about applying for jobs online and hearing nothing back, and so on.
Robert, a k a "Chef Robert,'' is a fantastic cook, and after a day on my feet I'm blessed to come home to Oven-Roasted Country Ribs With Apple and Onions, and a side of smashed potatoes (above).
Comforting company and comfort food. Life is good. Happy Thanksgiving!